K.Setani is passionate about photography and animals. She once became interested in the efforts of volunteers in animal shelters. After realizing that their work is not very well known, she decided to document their daily life in order to value their efforts and help the animals to be adopted.
Here are 16 beautiful photos summarizing the daily work of shelter volunteers.
1. Shelter volunteers are very generous
2. This is a job that requires a lot of emotional strength and determination
3. Animals admitted to shelters are often in a fragile physical and psychological state
4. Volunteers must know how to earn their trust without rushing them and according to each person’s needs
5. Some cats and dogs will need more affection and contact
6. Others are traumatized and approaching them takes time.
7. Volunteers must in all cases ensure the hygiene, feeding and care of the animals
8. Veterinarians work hard to examine and care for these animals
9. They will provide them with the care they need to remedy any health problem the animals may be suffering from
10. On a daily basis, and in addition to meals and hygiene measures, volunteers must also administer the animals their treatments if they have any.
11. All this work requires a lot of determination and patience.
12. When an animal is put back on its feet, the waiting time for its adoption can become unbearably long for the animal and for the shelter which is overloaded.
13. Some animals may be threatened with euthanasia
14. The efforts of volunteers are therefore part of a very committed dynamic which consists in saving lives
15. What is at stake for the animals is nothing less than their life or their death
16. Promoting the efforts of volunteers and working for the adoption of animals is therefore a work of great importance for the animal cause