Created for the first time in 2014, the Stock Exchange Championship is a virtual competition that introduces participants to the stock market through the management of a fictitious portfolio with a virtual value of one million dirhams of shares actually listed on the Casablanca Stock Exchange.
The 2023 edition was characterized by the integration, for the first time, of artificial intelligence, which allows participants to get suggestions for trading strategies as well as analyzes of price developments. In addition, this edition had a strong engagement by bringing together 1,601 students from all walks of life who, for more than five weeks, were able to experience an almost real simulation of the stock market.
The participants who achieved the 5 best performances received prizes as well as trophies presented by Tarik SENHAJI, Managing Director of the Casablanca Stock Exchange. They also received free certification training provided by the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI), a partner of the Casablanca Stock Exchange.
The achievements of this 2023 edition of the Stock Exchange Championship prove once again that the collaboration between the academic community and the Casablanca Stock Exchange is a major contribution to financial inclusion and the promotion of financial culture in Morocco. The stock market championship is one of the many initiatives that the Stock Exchange School implements in collaboration with its various partners, especially the Ministry of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Innovation. These initiatives are part of a sustained and ongoing policy of financial education through stock market education programs.
Cultivating excellence for more than 22 years, the Ecole de la Bourse has thus trained more than 80,000 people thanks to a program rich in modules carried out face-to-face, virtual or in hybrid and implemented with around 50 national partners. and international.
Focus on the 2023 edition
– Date: from 22 May to 27 June 2023
– Number of participants: 1,601 against 1,033 in the last edition of 2018, an increase of 55%.
– Affected cities: 80
Focus on the winners
1. Ismail BORJA, 24, student at HEM Busines School in Casablanca, achieved a performance of +29%;
2. Amine EL CATI, 23, student at HEM Busines School in Casablanca, achieved a performance of +21%;
3. Said BOUHAKA, 40 years old, enrolled in the FSJES PhD cycle at Sidi Mohammed Ibn Abdellah University in the city of Fez, achieved a performance of +15%;
4. Adam BITITI, 27, student at HEM Busines School Casablanca, achieved a performance of +14%;
5. Anoir DOHMI, 45, enrolled in the FSJES PhD cycle at Ibn Tofail University in Kenitra, achieved a performance of +8%.