What is Degiro?
Degiro is one broker (online broker) Dutch which was founded in 2008. It was created by a group of five former employees of Binck Bank to serve market professionals.
In 2013, Degiro started offering its services to retail investorsand provide access to products and international marketseverything at very competitive prices.
Today in 2023, Degiro serves more than 1,000,000 customers in 18 countries.
Degiro, for whom?
Degiro is suitable for a wide range of investors. For active trader Searching for spreads down or an ilong-term investor interested in investment productsDegiro ticks many boxes.
On the other hand, Degiro does not offer no investment adviceso it’s better to already be familiar with independent management of its assetsand know how to make their own investment decisions.
Degiro features and services
Degiro offers a number of features and services that set it apart from many other online brokers. These features include:
Different types of accounts
Tools of the trade
Degiro offers an easy to use online trading platform.
You can place buy and sell orders, follow market trends and manage yours purse easy.
Many financial assets
The broker offers many assets to invest in, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs and structured products. Degiro is also one of the few brokers recognized to allow you to make options trading.
THAT cryptocurrency trading meanwhile is done via ETFs. In other words, and as with all brokers, you don’t really hold cryptocurrency in the question, you are only exposed to its variations.
Access to international markets
You can invest in financial markets all over the world. This allows you to diversify your portfolio by investing in companies and markets in different countries and regions.
Training and education resources (Degiro Academy)
Degiro also offers educational resources and trading training to help investors understand the financial markets and help them make their own trading decisions. And for once, they are particularly complete and qualitative compared to other brokers’ educational content!
- Degiro mobile application: The Degiro platform is of course available on IOS or Android mobile. It allows you to manage your account and place orders from wherever you are and at any time.
- Form W-8BEN: For investors investing in US securities, Degiro offers the option of filling out form W-8BEN to request a reduction in the withholding tax applied by the US tax authorities to any dividends received.
These services, features, tools and accounts look to make Degiro a complete and competitive online trading platform for investors of all skill levels.
Advantages and disadvantages of Degiro
Like all platforms, Degiro has its own strengths and weaknesses compared to the overall online brokerage market:
Advantages – Degiro Positives
- Very low brokerage fees: Degiro is known for its very competitive brokerage, which makes it attractive to investors who trade a lot.
- Large selection of products: it is possible to invest in a wide range of financial products, including shares, bonds, ETFs, options and future.
- Access to many markets: With Degiro you can invest in many international markets.
- Simple user interface: Degiro’s interface is clearly considered one of the easiest to use, making it easier to manage your investments.
- No account fees: Degiro does not charge account maintenance fees, which can help reduce overall costs for investors.
Cons – Negatives Degiro
- Customer service: Some users have reported issues with Degiro’s customer service, particularly with regard to response speed.
- No investment advice: Degiro is an online broker “execution only”, which means it does not offer investment advice. This may not be suitable for those seeking advice for their investment decisions.
- No demo account: Unlike some other brokers, Degiro does not offer a demo account to allow you to familiarize yourself with their platform before you start investing.
- Restrictions on certain types of accounts: With a Basic account, your securities can, for example, be lent by Degiro.
- Dividend fees: For Depot, there are fees for the distribution of dividends.
Open an account on Degiro follow the classic steps to open an account with a broker. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Meet up Degiro website and click on “Opening an account”.
- Enter your email address, choose one User name and one password.
- Verify your email address by clicking on the link in the confirmation email you receive.
- sign in to your account with your credentials.
- Enter your personal Information and your bank account details.
- Confirm your identity by uploading a copy of your passport or identity card.
- Enter your tax information.
- choose account type which you want to open (Basic or Custody).
- Accept the terms and terms for Degiro.
- Activate your account by making a first deposit.
What are the fees on Degiro?
Degiro is known for its very competitive brokerage fees. Here is a breakdown of some of their fees:
|Equities||€1 + 0.004% per order|
|AND F||Free for some ETFs, otherwise from €1.00 + 0.02% per order, for international ETFs|
|Opportunities||€0.50 per contract|
|Futures||€0.75 per contract|
|Currencies||0.10% of the transaction amount|
There are no deposit or withdrawal fees at Degiro.
Of course, these fees may vary depending on the market you trade and the type of account you have.
Our Degiro opinion (positive and negative)
Degiro is one reliable broker, rooted in the French and international market For years. Its greatest strength lies in its particularly competitive feeswhich has been low over the years.
On the other hand choice of assets for trading is wide and comfortablethere platform And the application are both very easy to use, making it an attractive option for many investors.
Degiro still provides access to 60 scholarships worldwide to diversify your portfolio or find rare gems in foreign markets.
On the other hand, it must be remembered that Degiro does not offer investment advice. It’s not one either exchangeTHAT cryptocurrency trading Made by ETFsso you don’t actually own the cryptocurrency in question.
As always, remember that any investment involves risk, and you always should do your own research before an investment decision is made.